Magampura Ruhuna Heritage Museum
The National Museum of Ratnapura is one of the national exhibition halls of Sri Lanka. It is situated in Ratnapura, Sri Lanka and it was opened on 13 May 1988. The gallery building is called “Ehelepola Walauwa”, as it once had a place with Ehelepola Nilame, a squire of the Kingdom of Kandy, who was the first Adigar (1811 – 1814) under the rule King Sri Vikrama Rajasinha, the last lord of Sri Lanka, for whom he filled in as the Disawe (neighborhood Governor) of Ratnapura.
The historical center incorporates displays on ancient archeological creations, common legacy, land, anthropological, zoological relics and models identifying with the Sabaragamuwa Province. The weaponry in plain view incorporate Sinhala swords of the late medieval time including a sword asserted to have had a place with Ehelepola, and a gathering of old firearms including a Vickers assault rifle utilized amid the First World War. The cooking utensils of the locale incorporate a tripod container with three molds for getting ready rice flour cakes known as kiri roti. Conventional Kandyan adornments incorporates pieces of jewelry, bangles, anklets and hoops. The grounds of the historical center contain a palaeobiodiversity stop, with life-sized creature models of species accepted to have existed in the area.