Royal Palace In Kandy
The Royal Palace of Kandy (known as Mahawàsala), situated toward the north of the Temple of the Tooth (Daladà Màligàwa) in Kandy, was the imperial habitation of the Sri Lankan government of the Kingdom of Kandy in Sri Lanka. The last ruler to dwell in it was King Sri Vikrama Rajasinha (1798-1815).
When part of a vast royal residence complex that incorporated the King’s Palace (Raja Wasala), Royal Audience Hall (Magul Maduwa), Queen’s Palace (Meda Wasala), King’s Harem Quarters (Palle Vahale) and Queen’s Bathing Pavilion (Ulpange), together with the Temple of the Tooth (Dalada Maligawa). Contiguous the Royal Palace is the Victorian period fabricating that up to this point housed Kandy High Court.