A little Hidden Beach near Mirissa Beach, with a small bay. It is situated just around the corner from the main beach. Tuk tuk takes you most of the way, then a short walk down to the beach.
It’s a bit of trek over the hill and through residential areas, but well worth it. There is a one beach bar established in the secret beach and they have foods, beverages, snorkel kits and beds.
Cost for the snorkel kit and bed around 400-600 rupees. (Price sometimes differ). We are recommended to reach this place in the morning or before sunset and grab a corner and just relax watching one of the beautiful views of your life. The beach is very picturesque so do not forget to take some pictures.
Directions from Mirissa town and more information
- Elevation – 4m (13ft) above sea level
- Open Hours – Always Open
- Bandaranaike International Airport to Secret Beach-(via Southern Expy/E01) – About 176.5km (About 2hr 43min)
- Colombo to Secret Beach-(via Southern Expy/E01) – About 150.4km (About 2hr 40min)
- Ella to Secret Beach – (via Wellawaya-Hambantota-Matara / Hwy/A2 – About 187.3 km (About 4h 12min)
Colombo to Mirissa bus fare (LKR)
- Normal: LKR 215.00
- Semi-Luxury: LKR 323.00 (Basically the same as normal with fewer stops along the way – Non-AC.)
- AC: LKR 415.00
Ticket prices for luxury buses running on the Southern highway (LKR)
- Maharagama – Matara: 560.00
- Negombo – Matara: 750.00
- Colombo – Matara: 600.00
- Kadawatha – Matara: 600.00